It never fails. I put a grocery list together and have some sort of plan for what I want to do but then during the week things happen. From having dinner with the family to staying late at work, sometimes I just don’t get the time to prep for dinner or meals for the next day. So at the end of the week I find myself with an excess of fruits and vegetables that I either have to use immediately or throw them away. Today I’m going to share what I did today to take clean out the fridge and make room for next week’s groceries.
- Lemon and blueberry water
- Sweet potato chips
- Kale, berry, apple and cucumber juice
- Kale, orange, carrot, apple, and ginger juice
- Large mason jar of apple juice (six medium red apples)
- Pot of homemade pasta sauce with spinach & mushrooms
Now not all of this was lying around in my fridge taking up space. Once I figured out what I could make from the leftover fruits and veggies I stopped by the store to supplement some of the recipes. However, my last grocery run was for juicing purposes so I did have an abundance of kale and spinach taking up way too much space.